…speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord (Ephesians 5:19).
Singing to God is a great way to praise and thank Him. It is a great way to tell Him how we need Him every hour and how without Him we’d surely fail. It is a great way to tell Jesus that we surrender all to Him. Singing Christian songs is also helpful in building up our faith as well as those with us in worship.
I encourage you to sing out like someone who is filled with the Spirit (Eph. 5:18). Let the Lord know how you feel about Him. Let others know that living for Jesus is right. And consider all the physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits of singing listed below.
1. Singing exercises our lungs. It tones up our intercostal muscles and our diaphragm.
2. It can improve our sleep – reduce snoring.
3. Benefits our hearts and blood circulation.
4. Our facial muscles get toned.
5. We become more mentally alert.
6. Sinuses and respiratory tubes are opened up more.
7. There is a release of pain relieving endorphins.
8. Our immune system gets a boost enabling us to fight disease.
9. It can help reduce anger and depression and anxiety.
10. Increases self-esteem and confidence.
11. Useful as a stress reducer.
12. Promotes bonding.
13. Brings people together and encourages a sense of community.
14. It unifies the congregation.
13. It solidifies and teaches spiritual truth.