The mission of the Prayer Quilt Ministry is to show Christian love and compassion for people in need of prayer.
We strive to create as many quilts as possible; however, due to the amount of time required and limited resources, we prioritize our work by the following criteria:
- Members and non-members who attend our church who:
- are seriously ill or have serious medical issues
- are grieving the loss of a loved one
- have a personal crisis in their life
- Member’s family and friends outside the church for the purpose of providing Christian support, comfort and encouragement for the above reasons
- Prayer squares for community outreach when a quilt is not appropriate or available.
When each quilt is ready to give to someone in need, we add a custom label with the recipient’s name and the month & year it was made. We also take a photo of each quilt to place in an album of our projects to provide a record of our quilts.
If you would like to request a prayer quilt or prayer square, please download the form and turn it in to the church office.
We encourage anyone interested to join us. If you can sew a straight line you can quilt! We gladly help each other to select fabrics and designs and to learn the best quilting techniques. We also need volunteers to organize and iron fabric.